Fighting payment fraud and checkout friction is key to businesses delivering a safe and convenient e-commerce experience for their customers. EMV® 3-D Secure (EMV 3DS) provides a way to identify fraudulent card payments quickly and accurately. Issuers and e-commerce merchants can prevent fraud without disrupting the purchase process, and consumers can expect a safe and easy checkout experience.
This session explores how EMV 3DS v2.3 introduces new enhancements to improve fraud fighting capabilities for issuers, acquirers and merchants across e-commerce channels and devices, while optimising the user experience for consumers. This supports the delivery of smoother, safer checkout experiences for new and existing digital payment scenarios.
Discover new features in the latest version of EMV 3DS to promote frictionless authentication with an expanded data set, including:
1. New Split-SDK model – making it easier to implement EMV 3DS across newer channels and devices, including gaming consoles, smart speakers and other IoT devices
2. Device binding – enabling consumers to specify that they would like to be remembered on their devices
3. Additional recurring transaction data and EMV Payment Token data – helping issuers better identify the transaction and simplify the authentication experience for future purchases.
4. Support for WebAuthn (Web Authentication) and SPC (Secure Payment Confirmation), delivered in collaboration with the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and FIDO Alliance – helping better determine the legitimacy of a transaction and reduce the risk of fraud.
5. Automated out-of-band (OOB) transitions – helping consumers switch seamlessly between a merchant app and an authentication app.